White Chocolate & Pistachio Tray Bake. They’re sort of like a cake and sort of like a blondie. They fall between the two cake categories and boy are they tasty. The edges are chewy and the centre is soft. This bake is overloaded with white chocolate chunks and pistachios. Go big or go home right?
You may have guessed I like baking tray bakes at the moment. They’re easy, Versatile. Foolproof. One pan. Not to mention minimal washing up and you can bake them in the smallest of kitchens. I am currently in a rental property whilst we are renovating our new home. I apologise now for the sporadic blog posts. Time is now spent covered in brick dust rather than icing sugar!
I currently have very minimal countertop space and baking has been challenging at times. I keep telling myself it’s temporary and will have both the time and space to create more elaborate bakes soon!
This white chocolate and pistachio cake has an ultra soft yet slightly chewy texture. They are also a tad dense like your typical blondie tray bake. I guess we have all the eggs and butter to thank for that. Gotta love butter. It’s just a magical ingredient.
To finish this tray bake off I have drizzled yet more white chocolate over the top and added some crushed pistachios to give it that beautiful colour. I felt it gave the bars a little something’ extra. Plus it’s pretty.
If your a pistachio fan you may also like my Lemon & Pistachio loaf cake 🙂
- 250g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 180g Plain Flour
- 200g White Chocolate Chunks
- 100g Pistachios (Roughly chopped)
- For the Topping
- 50g White Chocolate, melted
- 30g Chopped Pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease & line a 9x9inch tin or similar.
- Next melt the Butter in a pan or microwave
- Using an electric whisk/mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale and is double the original volume. To check its ready, lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing.
- Now whilst whisking, beat in the melted butter a little at a time, making sure each bit of butter is fully mixed in before adding a bit more.
- Next Sift in the flour, and fold the mixture together.
- Add in the Chocolate Chips and Pistachios, and fold again.
- Transfer the mixture into the tin, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. check with a skewer to make sure it comes out clean. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Once cool drizzle over the melted chocolate, and sprinkle on the chopped pistachios. allow to set before cutting.
- Enjoy 🙂