When it comes to cookies, what is your preference… thin and crispy or thick and chewy? For me, it’s definitely thick and chewy. I almost like a raw cookie dough texture in the centre, the kind that practically melts in your mouth!! Nothing makes me happier than a freshly baked, warm straight from the oven cookie that is so soft, thick and chewy.
The recipe I am sharing with you today is foolproof. They take no time at all to whip up, are egg free and requires no chilling time so they couldn’t be simpler.
Crispy at the edges, soft on the inside, and have a chewy center. The Chocolate has to be chunky and plenty of it . I am drooling as I type.
- 115g Butter
- 115g Soft light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Golden syrup
- 175g Self raising flour
- 50g Macadamia nuts -roughly chopped
- 55g White chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line 2 x baking sheets
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale.
- Next add the golden syrup, flour and nuts and mix until it forms a dough.
- Now divide the dough in to 16 even balls ( for normal size or 8 for supersize cookies)
- space well apart from each other on the baking trays to allow for spreading.
- now slightly flatten each ball with the palm of your hand and add in a generous about of chocolate chunks to each, slightly pressing them into the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. If like me you like your cookies soft in the middle them whip them out when they are just golden as they will firm up a little when cooled.
- Leave to cool on the trays for 5 mins before moving to a baking rack.
- Also lovely warm with a scoop of ice-cream 🙂