Moist, chewy, and oh, so delicious! This is a special occasion sort of brownie. Wickedly indulgent and addictive if you a chocoholic. Ha who am I kidding, I could eat these all day long!
I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like Toblerone, I know that they are traditionally a dad’s chocolate bar, but who doesn’t secretly hope that when you buy your dad the customary fathers day Toblerone, that he will offer you a piece.
Its unique flavour also stands out against other chocolate bars. A blend of chocolate, honey and almond nougat. Who else was both saddened and disappointed when the bars recently changed? Outrageous. This chocoholic feels cheated.
If like me, you love Toblerone, then you will absolutely LOVE this brownie. It is packed full of the stuff. I made this batch of brownies for a friend’s birthday. The great thing about these brownies is they take two different forms. When first baked and cooled they are what I refer to as a pudding brownie, super soft, gooey chocolate heaven. They then firm up slightly to a standard gooey oh so chocolaty brownie as the nougat firms up. This is the reason it is so important not to over bake them.
So I guess I better cut to the chase and share this recipe. I have used a traditional Toblerone, however, there are so many varieties now, Dark, Milk, White, Fruit and Nut, you decide. I would stick to dark or milk for the 150g part for best results.
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Dark Chocolate, chopped
- 150g Toblerone, chopped
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 90g Plain Flour
- 35g Cocoa Powder
- 300g Toblerone, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180C/and line a 9x9inch Square baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt together the Butter, Dark Chocolate and the 150g Toblerone in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, or in a microwave if you have one. Leave on the side to cool.
- Next using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale and is double the original volume. To check its done, lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing.
- When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate/toblerone/butter mix over eggs and fold together carefully.
- Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together gently.
- Next fold through the 300g Toblerone Chunks, again do this gently so as not to knock out the air.
- Pour into the prepared tin – bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
- Enjoy 🙂