Chewy, fudgy chocolate orange cookies are a good way to use up any left over chocolate orange. I know what your thinking who has leftover Terry Chocolate orange right! If you’re a fan of Terry’s chocolate orange, then you are going to absolutely love these cookies!
These cookies are the some of the best cookies I’ve ever made! Like a brownie and a cookie rolled into one. The perfect moreish bake for a lazy weekend.
Crackly, soft and chewy, just pure deliciousness. These cookies come with a warning. They’re beyond addictive. I write this post feeling very sick after eating my body weight in cookies, plus the left over chocolate orange segments out of the fridge. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Terry’s chocolate orange is my uncle Pete’s favorite chocolate. Despite me buying him at least one every christmas and birthday he never seems to get bored of receiving them. He is the only man I would hunt around the supermarket in summer heat trying to find one.I feel immensely guilty eating them without him ( now the whole batch has been devoured)
- 125g butter
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 25g cocoa powder
- 175g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp Orange Extract
- 225g Terry’s Chocolate Orange (Plus extra if you want a piece on top!)
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line two baking trays with parchment paper
- Mix together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence and the beaten egg, and mix again briefly.
- Next add the cocoa powder, flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and mix until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed
- Chop the chocolate orange pieces and add to the mixture and fold through
- Next add the orange extract and give one last mix
- Spoon the mixture onto the trays and make sure they are suitable spread out so they stay separate! these bad boys spread so leave enough room for that!
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes – if you want to put a piece on top then add it and bake in the oven for another 1 minute – Why would you not!
- Once baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool
- Enjoy 🙂
Please follow and tag #livalittlebakery so I can see all the recipes you make.