Soft and chewy M&M Cookie Bars do i need to say anymore? This is a cookie dough full of M&M’s and made into bar form, a chocolate lovers dream. They are soo good!
I am sooo excited to share these delicious M&M’s cookie bars with you. Super Chocolatey Cookie Dough full of M&M’s, making them a cross between a cookie and a brownie when baked. You have to try them, there is no going back!
I love traybakes because of their simplicity. Not only are they typically easy to make, but they are also easy to slice and can be packed up to take somewhere with no faff or specially designed packaging. You can also eat with your hands, no fork required and that’s a tick in my book.
There are a million and one recipes floating around the internet for cookies bars and I’ve tried a few different versions, but this one is my most recent favourite as the batter itself is chocolate and who doesn’t like additional chocolate in their cookie bars? I spotted this recipe on Pinterest and adapted it from Jane’s Patisserie. Like Jane, I have a few issues when it comes to American recipes as they can be unreliable as she says. Jane has nailed this one.
I have adapted the recipe slightly, taken out some of the M&M’s believe it or not. These bars are still packed with chocolate. Oh, so much chocolate.
If I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, this is the one. I have added M&M’s as they are bright, attractive and I blinkin love M&M’S but you could use an alternative.
After making this traybake for my nieces and nephews my boyfriend saw it on the kitchen worktop and said “Liv that’s a childish bake” Turn around and he is tucking into a slice. He went on to say “it’s childish but still tasty, I think I like them more than brownies”. Big statement! Made for big kids too by the looks of it. I knew they wouldn’t last long and they didn’t.
- 200g Plain Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- 115g Unsalted Butter
- 55g Granulated Sugar
- 135g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg, beaten
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1x 165g Bags Chocolate M&M’s
- 1 x 35g bag chocolate M&M's
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a 9x9inch Square Tin with parchment paper
- In a bowl mix the Plain Flour, Cocoa Powder, Bicarbonate, Salt and Cornflour together so its evenly distributed – Pop to one side.
- Next melt the butter in a pan on a low heat until just melted.
- In a larger bowl add in the two sugars and melted butter. whisk for about 2 minutes so the sugar starts to dissolve and the mixture is smooth.
- Now add in the Egg and the Vanilla, and whisk again briefly till smooth.
- Add the dry Ingredients and the 165g bag of M&Ms mix with a spatula till a thick cookie dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the tin. Sprinkle on top the 35g bag of M&M's and press down gently.
- Bake the traybake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the top of the cookie bake looks ‘dry’ and a skewer comes out basically clean, bar a few crumbs.
- Leave to cool for about 10 minutes, then leave to cool fully on a wire rack.
- Cut and serve.
- Enjoy 🙂