Soft baked, chewy, and oh so easy Bounty cookies to make for all you cookieholic’s out there. Stuffed with coconut-y Bounty Bars Oh yes!
These cookies are just like millie’s cookies. Trust me you will LOVE this homemade version of a Millie’s Cookie, because they’re soft, chewy and packed full of delicious brown sugar and coconut flavour. Even better, they’re super easy to make and throw together in just a few minutes, and you can use whatever your favourite type of chocolate you have lying around to stuff inside them. Who has chocolate lying around I hear you cry.
I am such a cookie person to the point I crave them pretty much daily ( I don’t eat them daily! occasionally I have will power) Soft baked cookies truly make me happy. I know sad but for me it’s the ultimate comfort food.
I have a HUGE weakness for Bounty bars especially the dark chocolate bounty bars. Ok so I have a huge weakness for chocolate in general but believe me when I say I love a Bounty bar and for some reason, I like the ones you get in tubs of celebrations. Something about Bounty bars in miniature form.
This is an easy, straightforward cookie recipe made fancy with blissful Bounty bars. The batch makes about 18-20 good size cookies. Make sure you leave enough room on your baking sheet as they will spread on the try to form large bakery style soft, chewy cookies.
I have used official Bounty bars as they were on offer in my local supermarket however supermarkets do some great own brand versions.
Not a fan of coconut? Try Snickers, Mars bar, Reese’s Cups, Milky Ways, Kit-Kats, Twix. Anything goes!!
I know coconut is not everyone’s cup of tea, but if it is you should also check out my healthy bounty bites recipe for day to day snacking. They are gluten, dairy and vegan, and tastes oh so good.
- 280g Plain flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicobanate of soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 170g Butter
- 150g light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 290g Bounty Bars
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Sieve together the flour, baking soda, cornflour and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Next melt the butter in a pan on a low heat. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes stir in the brown sugar and white sugar together until no sugar lumps remain.
- Beat in the egg, then the egg yolk. Finally add the vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix together with a large spoon or spatula. The dough will be very soft.
- Fold in the Bounty Bars.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours or over-night. You need to do this part in order to successfully roll the dough.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and allow it to slightly soften at room temperature for 10 minutes ( if left over night)
- Line two large baking tray with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough into balls. I used around 2 dessert spoons for each cookie. Don't flatten as the cookies will spread in the oven.
- Put 5 balls of dough onto prepared tray and bake 12-15 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and under-baked when you remove from the oven. They will continue to cook on the baking tray as they cool.
- Keep them on the baking tray to cool for 10 mins or so to firm up before transferring to a wire rack.
- Enjoy 🙂