Oreo cookies are a favorite at home. It’s hard to keep them around. Who can stop at one right? If you have never tried them in brownies then quite frankly its a must!
There are two camps of brownie lovers – those that love a cakey, chocolatey brownie and those that prefer a squidy, fudgey variety. Me, well I am all for the ooey, gooey goodness of a soft centered, almost under-baked type of brownie, the messy to eat but insanely satisfying kind.
The fudgy texture of the brownie along with the crunch of an Oreo makes for an especially sweet treat. Pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and your in heaven.
The Oreo’s on top of the brownie not only make them look stunning, but also add a great texture when you bite into them. I add the Oreo cookies both inside and on top of the brownie, well it would be rude not to. Inside they become soft and chewy and on the top they turn crisp. Try them with your favorite chocolate cream biscuits like Bourbon for the same effect. Not ‘healthy’ brownies, but insanely rich and incredibly tasty.
- 3 Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 185g Dark Chocolate
- 185g Butter
- 85g Plain Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 154g pack of Oreos plus 2 x mini packs ( optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place all but 4 of your oreo cookies in a sandwich bag and crush into small pieces. Set aside for later.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Leave to cool.
- Mix the eggs and sugar using an electric whisk or stand mixer. The mixture will double in size and thicken up and will be pale in colour.
- Add the egg and sugar mix to your cooled chocolate mixture. If the chocolate mixture is too hot it will cook the eggs! so make sure the chocolate mix is no warmer than luke warm.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder in to the mix and fold everything together.
- Now fold in your crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pour the mix into your brownie tray and cook for about 20 mins.
- Whilst that's cooking, break your remaining 4 Oreo's into quarters and have them to hand along with your mini Oreo's if using.
- After 20mins cooking, take out your brownies. Place your Oreo's on top of the half cooked brownies and gently press down.
- Bake for a further 10 mins- I say this all the time but will say it again Do not over bake!
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting.
- Enjoy 🙂