If you follow me on Facebook you will know my love for Mars Bar Cake. Its a childhood bake that basically never got old. It takes minutes to make and only 4 ingredients.
My sister is not a fan of cake ( I know!) so every year i make her a mars bar birthday something. She has had cakes, cupcakes, slices arranged in a theme, you name it. one year she even had a 2 tier Mars bar cake in the hope that it would be cut and shared.
I have even made a mar bar wedding cake, topped with chocolate buttercream & fresh berries. It wasn’t even for a relative i was asked to make it. Who knows this may be the start of a new wedding trend- The mars bar cake.
The below recipe is foolproof, i am telling you even the worse baker could whip this one up and it taste amazing.
I hope you enjoy, tweet me your pictures @livalittlebakes
- 6 Mars Bars
- 70g Butter
- 200g Cornflakes
- 3 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tin and set aside.
- Next Cut the mars bars in to small pieces and set aside.
- Add the butter and syrup to a pan and heat over a low heat until combined.
- Add the mars and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Fold in the cornflakes.
- Press the mixture into the muffin tins. Be sure to press this in with the back of a spoon to distribute the mixture.
- Now leave for 1 hour, yes a whole hour!
- Remove from the tin with a knife. Decorate with mini eggs or sweets of your choice or equally don't they taste lovely as is.
- Enjoy 🙂
- If you prefer to make Mars Bar slices you will need a 20 cm cake tin.