Lemon cupcake topped with rich and creamy raspberry frosting, too pretty to eat! I mean look at that buttercream that’s not food colouring , its all natural. doesn’t get much better than that!
Summer is here, well some days, hard to tell in the UK. I still feel its time to switch to a lighter more refreshing bake. So to kick things off I give to you lemon and raspberry cupcakes. There is just something so refreshing about these flavors together. The cupcakes are super easy to whip up and would be the perfect bake to take to a bbq.
If you try these out, I’d love to hear how you got on! Just tag #livalittlebakery on Instgram or Twitter and leave a comment below
- 120g of plain flour
- 150g of caster sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of grated lemon zest
- 40g of unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 120 ml of whole milk
- 384g icing sugar
- 128g unsalted butter
- 1heaped tsp of seedless raspberry jam
- 8 fresh raspberries
- Fresh raspberries and sprinkles to decorate
- First, I preheated the oven to 180°C.
- sift the flour into a bowl with the sugar, baking powder, lemon zest and butter. Beat them on slow speed until combined.
- Next gradually pour the milk in and continued beating so that everything comes together.
- Now add the egg and combine until it has formed a nice, smooth batter.
- Next spoon the mixture evenly in to cupcake cases.
- Bake for for 20 minutes, or until light and golden and a sewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before icing.
- Cream the butter and a third of the icing sugar until smooth and repeat until all the icing sugar has been combined. Add the raspberry jam and fresh raspberry and mix again for 3-5 mins until light and fluffy.
- Enjoy 🙂