These cupcakes are light, fresh and fruity, and perfect for sharing with friends, with a jug of pimm’s of course.
When i think Pimm’s i think sunshine, picnics and chilling with friends
Pimm’s o’clock, lets get baking!
Perfect summer cupcake
Write a review
- 125 soft unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2tbsp Pimm’s no.1
- 2 eggs
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 4 strawberries plus extra for decoration 2 slices of orange with peel removed 2 slices cucumber About 4 mint leaves ( 10 or so for decoration)
- 125g soft unsalted butter
- 1tbsp Pimm’s no.1
- 2 drops lemon juice
- 150g sifted icing sugar 1
- tsp semi-skimmed mil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a muffin tin with 10 muffin cases (use red ones if you have them).
- In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar and Pimm’s until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix for a further couple of minutes.
- Combine the flour and baking powder then add to the mix with the milk and blend for one more minute.
- Fill cupcake cases with the case batter 3/4 full and bake for 18 minutes in the centre of the oven. Once baked cool on a wire rack.
For the filling
- Pulse all the ingredients in a blender until chunky/mushy. Don’t go overboard else you’ll just have puree. Use an apple-corer to remove the centre of each cake then fill the hole with the mixture. Pop the sponge core back on top like a lid.
To make the icing
- you need to cream together the butter, lemon and Pimm’s for a couple of minutes until fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar and milk and mix together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pipe the icing in a swirl on top of the cakes and decorate with strawberries and a mint leaf.
- Enjoy 🙂