Nutella is a big deal in my house. Give me a spoon and the jar and I would happily send myself in to a chocolate nut food coma.
If you are a choco-holic, Nutella addict, or Ferrero Rocher lover (or all of the above, like me) you will absolutely adore these cupcakes.
Chocolate cupcake with a hazelnut core, chocolate hazelnut buttercream and topped with you guessed it chocolate sprinkles and a whole Ferrero Rocher.
If you make one thing this week, make this it. Your friends and family with thank you for it! Thank goodness these are all gone, or I would be the size of a house.
- 230g Butter
- 230g Caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 230 g Self raising flour
- 60g Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 100g Butter
- 140g Nutella
- 200g Icing sugar
- 50g Cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp Milk
- 12 Tsp of Nutella (for the core)
- 12 Ferrero Rocher chocolates
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment
- Next add the eggs one at a time along with 1tbsp of the self raising flour with each egg added.
- Now add the remaining flour and cocoa powder and milk.
- Beat until combined. Do not over beat this.
- Now distribute the cupcake mixture evenly into 12 cupcake cases and bake for 18-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean and you have a light fluffy cupcake.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whilst the cupcakes cool move on the the buttercream 🙂
- using and apple corer make a hole in the centre of each cupcake, saving the cake.
- Take a tsp of nutella and fill the hole. the replace the cake you have removed.
- Cream the butter, icing sugar and cocoa power in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Next beat in the nutella.
- Next beat in the milk a tbsp at a time until you have a creamy mixture, still firm enough to pipe with.
- Pipe the butter cream on top of the cupcakes and top with chocolate sprinkles and a Ferrero Rocher.
- Enjoy 🙂