This is the best flapjack recipe ever! If you are looking for a soft and gooey flapjack recipe then you have come to the right place! I give you honeycomb flapjack.
First of all this sweet bake is super simple to make and is a recipe I use time and time again. A perfect Sunday bake. It’s one of those bakes you can add additions depending on what you have in your cupboards and what you’re in the mood for. Nuts, dried fruit, orange zest, chocolate, anything goes. What can I say it’s a versatile bake!
As this is an Easter bake I have made this batch slightly naughtier with a thick layer of chocolate and you guessed it more chocolate!! It’s Easter so it’s totally allowed, as is eating chocolate for breakfast for one day a year.
The inspiration for this back came from Galaxy Gold Mini eggs. I must have been living under a rock not to have come across these sooner. A lovely lady on Instagram took our Mars Bar Easter nest recipe and topped them with Galaxy golden eggs instead of Cadbury mini eggs. Well, this took things to a whole new level! So pretty. By this point, it was too late to get my hands on any.
This year I have got in early and purchased a bag of golden eggs. Finally, I got a chance to taste them. I had no idea they have a honeycomb texture. God knows how any made it onto this bake, they are rather moreish.
- 400g Rolled Oats
- 200g Soft Brown Sugar
- 200g Runny Honey
- 200g Butter
- 250g Milk Chocolate, chopped
- 3x Crunchie bars, chopped
- 1 pack of Galaxy golden mini eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a square baking tin with parchment ( 18x18 cm) or there about.
- Place the butter, sugar and honey in a pan and heat gently until combined
- Once melted pour the butter mixture in to the oats and stir until combined.
- Next press the mixture down firmly in the tin and bake for 20 mins until golden
- Allow to cool in the tin
- Once cooled, melt your chocolate and pour over the top, and then sprinkle over and press in your crunchy bars.
- next add on your galaxy golden min eggs.
- Cut in to squares. there you have it the best flapjack 🙂
- Enjoy 🙂
If you try this bake out, I’d love to hear how you got on! Just tag #livalittlebakery on Instagram or Twitter and leave a comment below