Happy Easter I hope you are all having a relaxing sugar-filled weekend.
I have a little Easter weekend bake for you. Soft-baked, thick style chocolate chunk cookies topped with mini Cadbury Creme egg. Hello!
What can I say about these little beauties? Cookie Dough + Creme Egg = Amazing sugar hit. Save the diet for another day, you are not gonna want to miss out.
You may remember the Creme egg brownie recipe, well I thought I would mix it up and throw some Creme egg cookies in to the mix. Chocolate cookie with chocolate chunks and mini Creme eggs to top it off, need I say more. The trick to this recipe is to hold your nerve and to not over bake. They take 6-7 mins in the oven, that’s it! Any more and you will have a cakey cookie, delicious never the less but I much prefer a soft baked cookie that’s on the gooey side.
- 100g Butter
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 25g Cocoa powder
- 30g Dark Chocolate chunks
- 8 Mini Creme eggs
- Preheat oven 180C and line 2 x baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Next add in the egg and combine
- Now add the dry ingredients, followed by the chocolate chips.beat until the mixture forms a dough.
- Break off some of the dough and roll in your hands to form golf ball-sized pieces. You should make 8-9 in total. Pop them onto the baking tray.
- Cut the 8 mini Creme Eggs in half and push 2 halves into each cookie to flatten the cookie dough a little. Put into the oven and cover with a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 7 mins. Leave to cool on the baking tray.
- Enjoy 🙂