This recipe is quick, easy and fun and I’ve been craving them almost every evening since making them. For me, any cookie must be a little gooey in the middle for it to get a solid scoring on my cookie chart. I know what your thinking do you really have a chart, well actually no, but I know what I like and consider myself to be a cookie expert, hell I have eaten enough cookies!
You will not regret making these cookies and how could you. Everyone loves cookies! They are soft, chewy colourful cookies and if you’re a chocoholic like me you are going to adore this recipe.
I don’t know about you but I LOVE Smarties. I know Traditionally they are always for the kids. But us adults love them too! Well, this big kid does anyway. You could use M&M’s or other chocolate coated chocolate beans in this recipe.
This bake was made for my niece and nephews who were visiting, well at least I pretend it was anyway, I just really wanted to bake cookies and used them as an excuse to add smarties, there I said it! This bake went down well with children and adults of all ages, it’s a happy bake.
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 100g Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg, beaten
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25g Cocoa Powder
- 175g Plain Flour
- 1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2tsp Baking Powder
- 160g Smarties
- 75g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix together the Butter, Light Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar until light and fluffy and thoroughly combined.
- Next mix in the Egg, Vanilla Extract, Cocoa powder, Plain Flour, Bicarbonate of Soda, Baking Powder and beat again until a thick paste/cookie dough is formed.
- Fold in the M&Ms and Chocolate Chips and spoon the mixture onto the trays. I use a dessert spoon amount for each.
- Make sure they are suitably spread out on the trays so they stay separate! I usually fit 6 on each tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until spread out perfectly crinkly. They might seem slightly under done still, but they will continue to cook when cooling.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to continue cooling off completely
- Enjoy 🙂