We all know about my cookie obsession. Soft chewy chocolate cookies, mouth watering yet? Well team that combination with honeycomb and you have yourself winning combo.
This recipe is perfect as calls for no chilling the dough, no waiting around. Cookies are literally ready in 20 minutes flat. Perfect for those of us lacking any sort of cookie patience. Or any patience at all for that matter! What can I say When I want a cookie, I want a cookie. NOW
Never again will you need to do a late night sugar run to a local supermarket. I am a sucker for bakery cookies and have found them my go-to whilst the kitchen was being renovated, So I couldn’t wait to get baking them again.
I would be lying if I said that these cookies are still in my cookie jar. They’re not. They are Looong gone, oops. A couple went into work but other than that there isn’t one crumb left. Worse still I only made them 3 days ago. There are only 2 of us I have no self-control. I know it’s shameful.
Call it my celebration to being back baking and sharing recipes with you. Ok still shameful but if any of you happen to do the same, please comment and make me feel better won’t you, Ha
Are you a fan of honeycomb? If you are you should also check out my chocolate honeycomb flapjack
- 120g butter
- 90g brown sugar
- 90g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 35g cocoa powder
- 170g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 x crunchie bars
- 45g chocolates chips
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and preheat your fan oven to 180’C.
- Start by creaming together the butter and two sugars until light and fluffy.
- Next add in the egg and beat until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Next fold in your chocolate chips and chopped crunchie bars until evenly spread through the cookie dough.
- Scoop out equal sized balls of dough using around two teaspoons. Make sure they are equal size. Place on a tray and press down slightly. ( They will spread in the oven)
- Bake at 180’C for 10-12 minutes until the Cookies have spread and look a little crinkly on top. For chewy cookies take out after 10 Mins ( Again trust me)
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy 🙂