Is there anything better than a fresh batch of soft chewy chocolate chip cookies? Er No. they not only taste delicious they make your home smell delicious too, all in 15 mins flat.
You can’t go wrong with this recipe. This recipe calls for no refrigerating dough, no waiting. Yay, i hear you cry because I am sure you are all as impatient as I am.
There are hundreds of chocolate chip cookie recipes out there. Everyone has their our preference on texture. Personally, I like a soft chewy cookie hence me sharing this recipe with you. They are the chewiest of chewy. Soft under baked, chocolate packed dough.
You need a foolproof chocolate chip cookie recipe just as much as you need a foolproof cupcake recipe In case you can’t already tell, I adore cookies. All cookies. You can’t beat a cookie and a cuppa, they are just so satisfying.
Easter is the perfect time to make these cookies. You could even fill them with your leftover Easter eggs (if you haven’t eaten them already, that is!). Chop up some mini eggs maybe. My only suggestion is that you avoid using chocolate over 70% cocoa solid as it can become a bit bitter in this recipe. Maybe that’s just me, but I find this recipe works better with milk chocolate.
- 175g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Light Brown Sugar
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Free-Range Egg
- 275g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 350g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C and Line 2 Large baking trays with baking paper
- Melt the butter until it is fully melted, leave to cool for a couple of minutes then beat in the two sugars until they are thoroughly combined.
- With a mixer Add the egg and vanilla and beat the mixture for about 4-5 minutes on a medium speed or until the mixture becomes much lighter in colour and has increased in volume.
- Next add the dry ingredients -plain flour, bicarbonate- and beat again until smooth.
- Now fold in the chocolate chips/ chunks
- Portion the cookies onto the trays I only do 6 per tray. i use a heaped desert spoon for each, but you could use an ice cream scoop.
- 12-13 minutes for softer cookies ( as pictured)
- 15 minutes for soft/crunchy cookies
- Leave the cookies on the tray for a few minutes before transfering to a wire rack
- Enjoy 🙂
If you try this bake out, I’d love to hear how you got on! Just tag #livalittlebakery on Instagram or Twitter and leave a comment below