Liv a Little Bakery
It’s that time of year again. Cadbury Creme Eggs are on the shelves of supermarkets and everything is ok in the world.
I first notice creme egg brownie pictures popping up all over my facebook feed last year and felt I was the only person in the world who had not jumped on the creme egg bandwagon and tried them. Well not this year!
What can I say about this recipe….Its brownies injected with creme egg goodness, whats not to love! Creme egg brownies are not a pretty bake as you can properly tell from the pictures, however they are not meant to be pretty,they are rustic.
This is a sickly sweet induldent bake that 99% of people will enjoy ( there is always that one person that will say its too chocolatey, is there such a thing?)
- 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- 3 Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- 185g Dark Chocolate
- 185g Butter
- 85g Plain Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Leave to cool.
- Mix the eggs and sugar using an electric whisk or stand mixer. The mixture will double in size and thicken up and will be pale in colour.
- Add the egg and sugar mix to your cooled chocolate mixture. If the chocolate mixture is too hot it will cook the eggs! so make sure the chocolate mix is no warmer than luke warm.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder in to the mix and fold everything together.
- Pour the mix into your brownie tray and cook for about 20 mins.
- Whilst that's cooking, cut your creme eggs in half. Go careful this is tricky and won't always be neat, depending on the egg.
- After 20mins cooking, take out your brownies. Place your eggs on top of the half cooked brownies and gently press down.
- Bake for a further 10 mins- I say this all the time but will day it again Do not over bake!
- Allow the brownies to cool and then tuck in.
- Enjoy 🙂