Sticky, moist banana cupcakes. A simple cupcake but one in which you savor each and every bite! A great bake when you have leftover over ripe bananas sat in your fruit bowl.
Ultra ripe bananas are key to the cupcake’s flavor. I know most people would throw away Brown, heavily spotted bananas, but they make the very best banana cupcakes.
The cupcakes are some of the moistest cupcakes I have ever made. They’re soft, light and have that perfect flavor that reminds you of banana bread, but they still have the texture of a cupcake. Even without the frosting, these cupcakes are full of flavor. Sweet banana with a hint of cinnamon, yum!
Even a few days after baking these banana cupcakes are still incredibly moist and soft and YES I used this as an excuse to eat them unfrosted for breakfast.
Now lets talk frosting. Banana and peanut butter are a classic combo, but to take it one step further have used Reese’s Chocolate peanut butter in this recipe. Lick the spoon clean- Delightful! Regular smooth peanut butter works really well too.
- 185g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Large ripe bananas mashed
- 200g Butter
- 400g Icing Sugar
- 115g Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter ( or regular smooth)
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees and line a muffin tin with paper cases of your choice.
- Add the eggs and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until the mix becomes thick and pale. (This will take around 5 minutes)
- Next add the oil and vanilla and beat until combined and smooth.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon. Mix on a low speed until combine.
- Now add the mashed banana and mix well.
- Divide the mix between muffin cases and bake for 20-25 mins. They should be a rich golden brown and when a skewer is inserted it should come out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Put the butter and half the icing sugar in a bowl and beat with mixer until soft and combined.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and milk and beat for 3-5 mins until combined.
- Finally fold in the peanut butter.
- Enjoy 🙂