Today we’re going back to the basics with a breakfast staple. A traditional blueberry muffin. A buttery and moist blueberry muffin that is just as gorgeous and delicious as the ones you find at coffee shops. You know the ones i mean, more top than muffin. The top of a muffin is by far the best bit!
I don’t know about you, but I am always envious of the texture, size, of the muffins I see in coffee shops. I wanted to recreate them at home and thought that this would be a great way to use up fruit that was ripening a mega speed due to the sudden hot weather ( im not complaining)
The muffins are moist, fluffy, and soft; they quite honestly give any bakery blueberry muffin a run for its money so give them a go.
If you try these out, I’d love to hear how you got on! Just tag #livalittlebakery on Instgram or Twitter and leave a comment below
- 210g Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 150g Blueberries
- 75ml Vegetable oil
- 75 ml Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Next place the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla in to a bowl, add the egg and whisk until combined.
- Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden
- If you are looking for something extra special try combining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and sprinkle a little on the top of each.
- Enjoy 🙂