Honestly, when I took the first bite… I thought, “how can something this easy be so damn good?
Now normally I am all for home cooking with organic and non-processed ingredients. But sometimes, I make exceptions. I know, you can buy pastry in a convenient little box, assemble, bake and eat in under 30 minutes, I mean why would I make puff pastry when I can do this???
This recipe could not have been easier and best bit is it can be substituted with cupboard ingredients` such as Nutella, plain old cinnamon butter or alternative fruit. YES its totally acceptable to eat these for breakfast! The cinnamon butter is also amazing on toast, oops. I like to heat it gently and then cool it before using. This dissolves the sugar granules. Best treat if your a cinnamon lover.
Simply roll out a sheet of puff pastry. Cut it into eight long skinny triangles, spread with the cinnamon butter and add the apple.
Then roll into a croissant shape and pop ’em on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining puff pastry. Then bake the until they puff up and are nice and golden and flaky. How easy is that!
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, cut into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- I pack of pre rolled Puff Pastry
- 50g Butter
- 30g White Sugar
- 3tsp Cinnamon
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cut the pre rolled pastry into 8 long thin triangles
- Next mix the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl until combined.
- Spread some of the cinnamon butter mix onto each of the triangles
- Please an apple slice at the wide end of the triangle and roll. Place tip side down on the baking sheet
- Spread the top with a little more cinnamon butter.
- Repeat the process until all eight are made.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until golden brown.
- Enjoy 🙂