Anzac Biscuits are an Australia and New Zealand tradition, that were created during war to make use of cheap and readily available ingredients. Well in my book those ingredients make one of the tastiest biscuits in the cookie jar!
So its getting lighter, brighter and most importantly warmer! we are heading towards BBQ season yay. I have a recipe for you which is super simple and perfect bbq pudding, Anzac Cookie Ice-cream Sandwich. I promise they will be a hit!
- 75g Plain Flour
- 95g Soft Brown Sugar
- 50g Porridge Oats
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 60g Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees and line two baking trays
- In a bowl combine the oats, coconut, flour and sugar
- Melt the butter gently in a pan, once melted add the syrup, water and lastly the bicarbonate of soda
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Enjoy 🙂
- The trick is to make sure the cookies are completely cooled before you use them or you will have a soggy mess! still taste good 🙂