I always feel like I’m in the minority by liking coconut – bounty’s are always the chocolates that are left from a box of Celebrations. More for me I guess as I can’t get enough of them. So in my quest to eat wholesome food, I present to you another raw recipe.
If you too were a fan of the Bounty bars but would rather nourish your body with wholesome foods then you’ll absolutely love these beauties!
These little bites are packed full of coconutty flavour and coated in a rich and creamy raw chocolate and they make the perfect little chocolate fix mid afternoon or after dinner. Best bit is they last 2 weeks in an airtight container so you can have a stash ready.
Now being a baker so I find it really hard to stay good with all the baking smells floating around the kitchen when I am preparing orders. There is no way I will be giving up cake anytime soon! My aim is to eat nourishing food during the week so I can have a baked not so nourishing but equally delicious treat at the weekend.
- 75 g cashew Nuts soaked in filtered water for 2 hours
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- 120g Desiccated Coconut
- 2 ½ Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extracts
- 100ml coconut oil
- 55g Cacao Powder
- 80ml maple syrup
- Take the drained soaked cashews and pop them in a blender for 30 seconds
- Add the coconut, coconut cream, coconut oil rice malt syrup and vanilla and process until it becomes sticky and comes together
- Roll the mixture into balls. You decide the size. I made mine quite large, more of a three bite than one, but guess this depends how long you want them to last!
- Pop the bites in the freezer to firm up whilst you make the chocolate.
- Heat coconut oil until just melted. Add the maple syrup and cocao and whisk until smooth.
- Take the bounty bites out of the freezer and place on a wire rack or parchment paper.
- Dip the bites in to the chocolate coating fully. Then place on the wire rack to set.
- Allow to set for 5-6 minutes ( won’t take long at all ) store in the fridge.
- Enjoy 🙂